We all know that if your feet are cold or are in pain, you can be made miserable. Whether you are going to to be wearing law enforcement boots or military combat boots, there are things you can do to keep your feet warm and comfortable.
- Start out with warm feet. If when you put on your law enforcement boots, you want them to be warm. There are some things you can add to turn your work boots into really comfortable boots. Add boot insoles and liners to get them warm before you even put them on your feet. When you put on cold boots, your feet have to adjust to the boots and this can be avoided. Before you put on your police boots, warm up your socks. It will make a big difference.
- Keep your core temperature up. When your core temperature drops, the physical response is to reduce blood flow to your hands and feel. This is because your body needs to keep your vital organs warm. When you are wearing your law enforcement boots, you can keep your feet warmer by keeping your core warm and that blood flowing to your hands and feet.
- Wear layers of socks. Before you put on your law enforcement boots, make sure your feet have enough socks. If you know you are going to be out i n super cold weather, three pairs should work. You need a lightweight socks to wick away moisture, a wool sock that is always lightweight and another wool sock that is medium to heavy thickness. You should never wear cotton socks. If you are out in the wild and need an emergency system for your feet, you can use a plastic bag between the first and the second layer of socks to keep your feet toasty.
- Make sure you are wearing your layered socks when you try on your boots. When you go to buy law enforcement boots or any kind of work boots, you need to have all of the socks you will wear with the boots with you. It makes no sense to try on your boots with one pair of socks when you know you will wear three pairs when you are out on the job. If you live in a climate that changes, you will need different boots for different times of the year.
- Consider adding insoles. Insoles can do a lot pt keep your feet comfortable by giving you some cushioning. When it comes to keeping your feet warm, they are great at putting something between the cold ground and your feet. If you know your feet get cold when wearing your work boots or the law enforcement boots, adding some insoles can make a big difference in how your feet feel. In fact, the surface you are standing on has a bigger impact on how your feet feel than the air around you.
- Keep your feet dry. We all know that wet feet are cold feet. You want to make sure your feet are kept as dry as possible. This is one reason that buying cotton socks is such a bad idea. You need the layer that is next to your feet to wick the moisture away from your feet to help keep them warm. If you sweat and that stays close to your feet, you will be really unhappy.
- If you are walking through snow or water, keep it out of your boots. Gaiters or pants that have them can help keep out the rain or snow and that is another way you can keep your feet dry, warm and happy.
- Jump around. This may sound silly but if you are out and about and your feet start to get cold, move around. This will get the blood pumping back to your feet and warm everything up at least a little.
- Make sure you dry your boots at night. In between wearings of your law enforcement boots, you should do what you can to make sure they are able to dry completely. Having more than one pair of boots can help a lot with this.
These tips will help you keep your feet dry, warm and happy.